LONDON Braydon Coburn Jersey , April 12 (Xinhua) -- Liverpool officially launched its bid Wednesday to host the Commonwealth Games, one of the world's biggest sporting events.

Mayor Joe Anderson wants to bring the event to the northern England port city in 2026. But he said Liverpool could host the games four years earlier in 2022 following the decision by announced host city Durban to withdraw.

Local media is reporting that a proposed riverfront stadium for English premiership club Everton, could double as a main arena for the Commonwealth Games.

Mayor Anderson has already paved the way for Everton FC to move from its historic home at Goodison Park.

The mayor's office announced Wednesday that its bid would be chaired by Liverpool born sports executive Brian Barwick, the 62 years old chair of the Rugby Football League (RFL), Super League Europe Ltd, the National League and a member of the FA Council.

Barwick is former head of BBC Sport, controller of ITV Sport and Chief Executive of the Football Association.

President Xi meets incoming HKSAR chief executive

Premier Li grants appointment certificate to incoming HKSAR chief executive

Icebreaker Xuelong returns to Shanghai after 33rd Antarctic expedition

Germany's Dortmund cancels Champions League match after explosions

Aerial view of Medog highway in SW China's Tibet

Stewardesses for high-speed train take part in training program in Harbin

Scenery of Hani terraced fields in SW China's Yunnan

Aerial view of farmland scenery in SW China's Yunnan

JOHANNNESBURG, Jan. 13 (Xinhua) -- H&M stores in South Africa were trashed by Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) protesters on Saturday over a allegedly racist sweater ad.

Dozens of EFF protesters wearing same red T-shirt on Saturday morning rushed into an H&M store in Sandton City, one of the most prosperous shopping centers in Johannesburg, vandalizing mannequins and scattering clothes on the floor.

After police arrived, protesters gathered in front of the shop's door chanting, dancing and whistling, according to Xinhua reporter at the site.

The crowd dismissed at noon. The H&M store has remained closed since then.

According to local media, similar protests were also seen in other shopping centers nationwide.

EFF Deputy President Floyd Shivambu congratulated members via twitter for physically confronting racism.

The outrage stemmed from a recent ad photo released by H&M showing a black boy wear a green sweater with the slogan "coolest monkey in the jungle" on it.

Shivambu said H&M "nonsense of a clothing store is now facing consequences for its racism. All rational people should agree that the store should not be allowed to continue operating in South Africa."

The riot also triggered much criticism. A netizen "TheColouredZimbo" said via Twitter, "What happens if H&M pulls out of South Africa? Will the EFF compensate employees for loss of income?"

U.S. President Donald Trump on Sunday disputed a newspaper's account of an interview with him last week in which he was quoted as saying he probably has a very good relationship with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

Trump said in tweets that in the Wall Street Journal interview on Thursday, he said "I'd probably" have a good relationship with Kim, using a conditional tense.

The White House released a portion of the audio from the interview that it said showed Trump said "I'd." The Wall Street Journal released its own audio that it said backed up its version of the events.

The Trump comment was key because it suggested he feels he has a good relationship with Kim, who has resisted global pressure to stand down from a series of nuclear and ballistic missile tests.

Kim has warned the United States that he intends to build a nuclear arsenal capable of hitting the United States, prompting threats of military action by Washington.

In the Wall Street Journal interview, Trump was asked whether he has spoken with the North Korean leader.

“I don’t want to comment on it. I‘m not saying I have or haven‘t. I just don’t want to comment," he had said.

Trump is spending a long weekend at his oceanfront Mar-a-Lago club in Palm Beach, Florida.

"Obviously I didn’t say that," tweeted Trump. "I said 'I’d have a good relationship with Kim Jong Un,' a big difference. Fortunately we now record conversations with reporters ... and they knew exactly what I said and meant. They just wanted a story. FAKE NEWS!"

A White House official said the delay in publicly disputing the Journal's account was the result of a failed attempt to get the paper to correct the record.

"The reason there was a delay is because we had several calls and emails with WSJ, starting Friday morning, asking them to issue a correction. They refused and so we pushed out our own clarification," the official said.

Agencies

LAS VEGAS, Nov. 6 (Xinhua) -- Filipino star boxer Manny Pacquiao reclaimed the World Boxing Organization welterweight title for the third time with a unanimous decision victory over former champion Jesse Vargas here on Saturday.

The 37-year-old Pacquiao used a short right-handed counterpunch to floor Vargas in the second round en route to a one-sided win at the Thomas & Mack Center.

All three judges scored the bout for Pacquiao, two of them by 118-109 and the other by 114-113.

Pacquiao won the WBO title for the first time in 2010 when he beat Miguel Cotto. He lost it two years later to Timothy Bradley, then got it back by winning the rematch with Bradley in 2014.

He then lost it last year to the now-retired Floyd Mayweather, who had a front row seat for Saturday's bout.

Baby toys is the material basis of baby games, it has positive significance o. Cheap Jets Jerseys   Cheap New Orleans Saints Jerseys   Wholesale Giants Jerseys   Wholesale Philadelphia Eagles Jerseys   Wholesale Miami Dolphins Jerseys   Wholesale Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys   Wholesale Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys   Wholesale San Francisco 49ers Jerseys   Wholesale Team Sweden Hockey Jerseys   Wholesale Team North America Hockey Jerseys