WELLINGTON Nike Jordan Retro For Sale , Aug. 29 (Xinhua) -- A study released on Tuesday showed that the average New Zealand woman was paid only 84 NZ cents for every 1 NZ dollar (0.72 U.S. dollars) paid for the average man.

The study on gender wage gap by researchers at Motu Economic and Public Policy Research examined employees productivity to see how much sexism is to blame for the difference in women and mens pay, and suggested that sexism is likely to be a major driver of the gender wage gap.

This study tested whether men and women are paid different wages for adding the same amount of value to their employer, said Isabelle Sin, the study's lead researcher.

The study started by looking at 50 percent of the working population between 2001 and 2011 to see how much of the overall gap between women and mens wages is to do with women working in industries that pay less.

The study found that women were over-represented in low-paying industries like food and beverage services, but this explains a mere 7 percent of the entire gender wage gap, or a couple of cents in every dollar, said Sin.

The study then looked at productivity and wages of men and women in private for-profit firms with at least five employees and found a 16 percent gender wage-productivity gap Nike Jordan Shoes For Sale , meaning women are paid 16 percent less for making a contribution of the same value to their employer.

The gap was over 40 percent in finance and insurance, telecommunications, transport equipment manufacturing, water and air transport, and electricity, gas and water, and rail Nike Jordan For Sale , which are sectors that have the potential for monopoly-created profits and have low competition, Sin said.

There was a 16-percent pay gap for women aged 25 to 39, a 21 percent gap for those aged 40 to 54, and a 49 percent gap for older women, the study showed, which also indicated that the gender wage-productivity gap is also higher for employees who have worked at the same firm for longer.

The research also concluded that differences in willingness or ability to bargain are unlikely to play a major role in the gender wage-productivity gap.

Video: "Major-Country Diplomacy" episode one

Three dams begin to release water due to Hurricane Harvey in Houston

Video: Gulangyu, open-air museum that will leave you open-mouthed

Protest against white supremacy held in Chicago

China's Discovery ROV collects samples in western Pacific Ocean

World Robot Conference attracts visitors in Beijing

At least 2 died Air Jordan Retro Shoes For Sale , 8 injured in knife attack in Turku, Finland

13 killed, over 100 others injured in Barcelona attack: official

LISBON, May 19 (Xinhua) -- Portuguese Fado leading singer Misia moved a full auditorium on Friday night with her tribute to the poets who marked her career over the past 25 years.

"I am here to show gratitude to the poets and writers who marked my work but also the person I am today," she said on stage before performing "Misia and Her Poets" at Lisbon's Belem Cultural Center.

She performed her traditional fado repertoire with poems written by some of the country's most prestigious contemporary poets and writers.

"The fact that they wrote for my voice and for my music defines my work," she told Xinhua before the concert in a telephone interview.

Brazilian singer and composer Adriana Calcanhotto appeared towards the end of the night with her melodic voice and guitar filling the auditorium. "I dedicate this to Misia who taught me to love fado," she said.

Fado Air Jordan Retro For Sale , a Portuguese musical style known as the soul of Portugal, is usually sung by a single person and accompanied by a classical guitar and a Portuguese guitar. It was added to UNESCO's list of Cultural and Intangible Heritage of Humanity in 2011.

Misia, who grew up in Porto, Northern Portugal, used to sing at Fado houses as an amateur in her adolescence. She moved to Barcelona at the age of 20, and began her career after returning to Portugal in 1991 at a time when Fado was not as popular as it is today.

Inspired by the great Fado singer Amalia and with the desire to follow her own path, Misia contacted numerous poets Air Jordan Shoes For Sale , composers, singers, writers, photographers and designers and asked them to engage in her music. Since then she has built a unique fado repertoire, which has been referred to as "Novo Fado" (new fado).

Misia's style is rooted in the traditional fado style but she incorporates instruments inspired from her childhood like the accordion and the violin, as well as the traditional guitar trio.

Her music has taken her to countries around the world including Spain, Japan Air Jordan For Sale , Germany, China and South Korea.

"Fado influenced me since childhood and throughout my adolescence, and the biggest influence was Amalia, but also French music, Brazilian music, and classical music," she told Xinhua.

"I have been travelling for 25 years Jordan Retro Shoes For Sale , so it is impossible not to be a sponge and soak up all these influences, and to be sensitive, to reciprocate," she explained.

Misia also points out that her work is not a fusion of influences and it has never been her intention to renovate the genre.

"I perform fado with contemporary arrangements, but I never told myself that I would renovate fado, I just did what I felt. And I have a lot of respect for traditional fado."

One thing that Misia is actively focused on changing is men's dominance in Fado, so in her album Senhor da Noite Jordan Retro For Sale , she presented 13 fados written by 13 women.

Misia was never constrained by a single music style or genre. She has instead participated in several projects apart from fado music, including with the baroque Mediterranean group Arpeggiata.

Misia has won numerous awards including the Vermeil Medal, the highest honor of the city of Paris.

Xi calls for public security forces to be loyal to CPC

China, Philippines agree to further improve bilateral ties

China receives.